Charleston International Manufacturing Center (CIMC) is home to advanced manufacturing. With nine tenants currently on site and operations ranging from chemical processing to precision metal fabrication; CIMC offers critical resources to varied manufacturing businesses. Our site is in a heavy industrial zoned area within Berkeley County and consists of approximately 1600 acres with deep-water access and approximately 300 acres of developable land including shovel ready lots. CIMC offers existing infrastructure to include steam, nitrogen, compressed air, processed water and wastewater treatment plus more. The site is bordered on the east by the saltwater Cooper River and on the west by the freshwater Back River.
CIMC has a long history in the area being originally developed by Verona in the late 1960’s. In 1975, Verona became part of the Mobay Chemical Company, under the holding company of Bayer USA. Throughout the 1970’s and 1980’s, the site, commonly referred to as Bushy Park, was further developed to support various businesses which were part of the Bayer Group. In the late 1990’s to early 2000’s, Bayer divested of many of the business units comprising operations at CIMC. This resulted in many of the tenants that we have today to include Sun Chemicals, Lanxess, Symrise and AGFA. In 2009, the complex was sold to Cooper River Partners, LLC (CRP).
In 2014, Pacolet Milliken Enterprises acquired CRP. Today, CRP owns and operates the industrial complex and remains a wholly owned subsidiary of Pacolet Milliken Enterprises. CRP is committed to providing growth to the site by offering world class services that lower initial capital investment for operations in a geographically attractive location within the southeastern United States.